Saturday, June 25, 2011

Stardoll "Safety" Rant


Warning! This may not be appropriate for all readers!

Hello,
So I know I am really only supposed to write about what is new on Stardoll but I just read a post in another blog and I just need to write about it here. (If you want to read this post, click HERE ). I am warning you now, this is a rather...touchy...subject so please keep in mind, this is my opinion. Please don't take this to heart  (unless you are one of the people I am talking about, then you need to talk this to heart). So here I go...

Stardoll prides themselves on being "safe". But really, describe safe. In my opinion, it should mean more then account safety. It should mean that words that are not good or "bad words" should not be allowed. Yes, I admit, Stardoll is maybe half way there but they have a long way to go. How many of you have ever wanted to go to a party on Stardoll and been flooded with party titles such as "S3X Party" (or in translation "Sex Party") or something along those lines? First time I saw one called that, my jaw literally dropped.. I could not believe it. It is not  only at parties, it is everywhere. Little children thinking they are "cool". Really, it is the perfect place for pedophiles to go without going outside there house.

One example of it not only being in parties is below. Now, let me give you a little background story before you think I am a sicko. One day I was about to click on a sale broadcast but it changed and I accidentally clicked on a broadcast saying "Read Presentation". Now, once I was transfered to this girls suite, my dang curiosity got the best of me and I read it. I totally regret it. Here is what I saw:


Really?! Now what really irritates me is I reported her over a month ago. What in that should be allowed?!

Another thing that I HATE!!! Is Stardoll "Dating". Really? Are people that stupid to think that they can find a real boyfriend/girlfriend on Stardoll? And you know it's fake when they say they are 16-19. If they are really that age, they will have a real boyfriend/girlfriend. They are either 1) a little child thinking they are cool or 2) a pervert pedophile. Would you date them in real life? Think about that?

Now, tell me one thing because I really don't understand this, why would you want a "$3% Party"?  I mean, what does it do for you. Some little kid saying something distrusting (and probably not totally understanding it themselves). It is terrible!!

Now, I really enjoy Stardoll. That is why I go on and write for blogs about it but this is wrong on so many different levels. If any of the readers out there participate in any of these actions I want you to ask yourself these questions: Is it appropriate for someone my age to be talking about and thinking/wanting these things? What would my parents think and say if they saw me say and do all this? What would happen if I did this is real life?

And don't comment saying something like "Well it's only an online game". No, don't give me that crap. If you say it, you mean it. In my opinion, if you are not ready for marriage and children, you should not even do any of this (this is my opinion though.) I am not asking anyone to comment or defend who they are. I am not pinpointing anyone. I am addressing a huge and touchy issue on Stardoll. If you have any problems with what I have said, you can contact me HERE for my suite or HERE for my email. Please don't blow up at me or the blog in the comments. Thank you.

Sara♥♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment